There are so many things CHARISM wants to do to bring the community together…but we just can’t do it all ourselves! We are so grateful for the time our volunteers give to help CHARISM build stronger neighborhoods in Fargo. With the help of volunteers, we can offer support, learning and fun to at risk children, youth, and adults. Together we can work together to Build STRONGER neighborhoods, we are so excited for you to get involved!
Are you interested in hanging out with some awesome kids, planting flowers and vegetables, teaching families how to cook, showing kids how to do a crazy science experiment, or making our neighbors feel welcome? Check out these ways we can get you connected to helping CHARISM, then fill out our individual volunteer application or our group volunteer application!
Time: 3-5 pm, Monday – Friday (School Year)
- Reading books with elementary students
- Art projects
- Science experiments
- Community service activities
- Be a caring and trusted mentor
- Music and dancing
- Kids’ cooking projects
Grocery Assistance Program
3 – 5 PM, Tuesdays
12-3 pm, Fridays
- Unload the truck from Great Plains Food Bank
- Sort and help distribute food
- Deliver food to sick or homebound residents
- Load cardboard boxes to be recycled
- Clean up
Agency Events and Fundraisers:
- Set up and clean up
- Greet guests
- Provide delicious refreshments
- Serve the delicious refreshments
- Take the lead on small fundraisers with local groups
- Facilities projects as needed: painting, light repair work, seasonal cleaning, etc.
- Light repair work
- Seasonal cleaning
- Snow removal
If you or your group is interested in volunteering with CHARISM, please fill out this individual volunteer application or a group volunteer application and email it to Andrea Jang at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to CHARISM, Attn.: Andrea Jang, 2601 12th Ave. S, Suite A, Fargo, ND 58103. She will be happy to connect you with CHARISM!